| || |
- The Galloway Forest Park extends to a massive 96,600 hectares, or 373 square miles.
- The park has approximately 300 miles of roads.
- There is an estimated 1 million trees within the park.
- 250 lochs are encompassed within the rugged hills of the Galloway Forest Park.
- The Galloway Forest Park can be seen just as clearly from space as the Great Wall of China!
- You can see roughly around 3000 stars on a clear night, a reason why the Galloway Forest Park recently became a Dark Skies Park.
- On average, 3 nights per week have clear skies.
- The legendary 14 mile Glentrool Rally stage is regarded as one of the finest in British Rallying.
- The Merrick is the highest peak in the whole of Dumfries and Galloway at 2764 feet.
- At least 35 aircraft have crash-landed in the Galloway Forest Park.
- Osprey and a White-Tailed Sea Eagles have recently been seen in the area.
- The Galloway Forest Park is home to the world's best mountain bike trails, the 7stanes.
- Only 62% of the Galloway Forest Park is actually covered in forest.