| || |
Five Bothies are situated within The Galloway Forest Park boundaries. Only a couple of these, however, are maintained by the Ranger Service of the Park.
- Bothies provide basic shelter only.
- Your own supply of water is required in order to stay in any of the five bothies.
- Bothies, due to their remoteness do not have toilet facilities.
- Please leave the bothies how you would like to find them, as there is no cleaning service. The state of the bothy purely relies on the previous users.
- Again, depending on the generosity of the previous occupants, firewood is sometimes available.
For more information on wild camping see: SUW Wild Camping
In 1965, The Mountain Bothy Association (MBA) was founded in order to maintain simple unlocked shelters in remote places throughout the country. See: http://www.mountainbothies.org.uk/